1 cup black raisins (preferably larger ones, if available)
6 medjool dates (about 1/2 cup), pitted
1/2 cup apple cider vinegar
1/2 cup sweet Passover wine
(such as Manischewitz)
1/4 pound (about 1 cup) of each of
1/8 teaspoon kosher salt
1/8 teaspoon hot red pepper (optional)
1/2 red seedless grapes
1 large red apple (about 8 ounces),
cut into large chunks
1/4 to 1/2 cup sliced red grapes
1. Place raisins and dates in a small bowl and marinate with the cider vinegar and sweet wine overnight (do not refrigerate).
2. Rinse nuts and spread out on a large kitchen towel to dry about 15 minutes.
3. Place nuts, salt, and red pepper (if desired)
in a food processor and pulse until coarsely ground.
4. Add grapes, apple, and marinated raisin-date mixture (with soaking liquid) to the processor and pulse until fairly smooth and well-blended.
5. Serve immediately garnished with sliced red grapes, or refrigerate in container for up to 2 days.