- 1/2 cup quinoa
- 2 cups finely chopped dinosaur kale
- 1 cup finely chopped fresh flat-leaf parsley
- 1 pint cherry tomatoes, halved (or quartered if large)
- 2 Persian cucumbers or 1/2 English cucumber, diced
- 1 shallot, minced
- 1/4 cup lemon juice (ideally fresh squeezed)
- 1/4 cup excellent quality extra virgin olive oil
- Kosher salt
- Toasted pita bread, for serving (optional)
- Cook the quinoa as directed, then set aside to cool.
- In a salad bowl, toss together the kale, parsley, cooled quinoa, tomatoes, cucumbers, and shallot. Drizzle with the lemon juice and olive oil and toss to coat.
- Season with salt and pepper.
- Serve with the toasted pita, if you like.