- 4 oz softened butter
- 6 oz dark chocolate or dark chocolate chips
- ½ cup brown sugar
- ½ cup granulated sugar
- 1 egg
- ½ teaspoon vanilla
- 1 cup of flour
- ½ teaspoon baking powder
- 2 to 3 pinches of Fleur de Sel de Camargue
- Soften the butter. If you don’t have chocolate chips, you can grate dark chocolate using a large-holed grater or chop the chocolate with a knife. Preheat the oven to 350°F.
- Beat the butter and two types of sugar in a bowl until the mixture is pale yellow and light. Next, add the whole egg then the vanilla. Sieve the flour and baking powder together. Sprinkle it all into the bowl gradually, working the mixture with a wooden spatula to ensure there are no lumps. Add the chocolate chips or grated chocolate.
- Line a baking tray with a sheet of parchment paper. Place heaped teaspoons of the mixture onto the tray, dipping the spoon into a bowl of hot water each time before spooning.
- Use the back of the spoon to flatten the mixture into rounds approximately 4″ in diameter. Sprinkle a few pinches of Fleur de Sel de Camargue on each cookie.
- Bake until edges of cookies are firm, 10 to 12 minutes.
Happy Mother’s Day!