- 1 pound green beans, trimmed
- 1 tablespoon peanut oil
- 1 tablespoon toasted sesame seeds
- 1 1/2 teaspoons sesame oil
- Kosher salt and freshly ground pepper
- Fill a medium bowl with ice water. Fill a large skillet with 1/4 inch of salted water and bring to a boil. Add the green beans, cover and steam until crisp tender, about 4 minutes. Drain and transfer to the ice water until chilled, about 3 minutes. Drain and pat the green beans dry.
- When ready to serve, dry out the skillet and heat the peanut oil until shimmering. Add the green beans and cook over moderate heat, tossing occasionally until heated through, about 3 minutes. Add the sesame seeds, sesame oil and season with salt and pepper. Transfer to plates and serve.