Servings: 4 Prep Time: 10 minutes Cook Time: 10 minutes
- 2 tablespoons cooking oil, divided
- 3 small eggplants cut into long strips
- 2 cloves garlic, finely minced
- 1 red chile pepper, finely diced
- 1 tablespoon ginger, finely minced
- 1 stalk green onion, chopped
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon black vinegar
- 1/2 teaspoon sugar
In a wok or saucepan over high heat, add 1 tablespoon of the cooking oil and swirl to coat wok. When wok is hot, add eggplant in a single layer. Cook 1 minute and flip over each piece so they cook evenly. Cook another 2-3 minutes, flipping occasionally.
Push eggplant aside in wok and add 1 tablespoon cooking oil. Add garlic, red chile peppers, ginger and green onion. Stir these aromatics until they become fragrant. Combine aromatics with eggplant and stir fry for one minute. Add soy sauce, black vinegar and sugar and stir to combine all. Serve immediately.