This is a great holiday soup.
Becomes even more festive with the star toast.
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 onion, finely chopped
- 1 cauliflower, broken into pieces
- 3 cups chicken stock
- 1 cup cream
- salt and pepper
- Start with the toast, use a cookie cutter and cut out stars from toasted bread.
- Preheat oven to 380F.
- Place onion and cauliflower in a large oven proof dish and drizzle with olive oil.
- Sprinkle with some salt and pepper.
- Roast until golden.
- Place the cauliflower and onions in a large pot and add stock.
- Bring to a boil.
- Let it boil 5 minutes, add cream and season with salt and pepper.
- Pure in a blender and serve with a toasted star, a little olive oil and some pepper.