1 1/4 cups softened butter
1/2 cup firmly packed brown sugar
1/2 cup granulated sugar
1 egg slightly beaten
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
11/2 cups all-purpose flour
1 teaspoon baking soda
1 teaspoon salt
1 teaspoon cinnamon (optional)
3 cups McCann’s Quick Cooking Irish Oatmeal
3/4 cup raisins
1/2 cup chopped walnuts
- Preheat oven to 350°.
- In a large bowl, cream the butter and sugars. Add egg and vanilla extract.
- Combine flour, baking soda, salt and cinnamon. Add to butter mixture. Mix well.
- Stir in McCann’s Quick Cooking Irish Oatmeal, raisins and walnuts.
- Drop rounded teaspoons of batter on an ungreased cookie sheet.
- Bake for 12-15 minutes at 350°. Cool for 1 minute before removing to wire cooling rack.