- 2 lbs chicken, cut into serving pieces
- 3 pcs dried bay leaves
- 4 tbsp soy sauce
- 2 tbsp vinegar
- 3 cloves garlic, crushed
- 1 to 2 cups water
- 1/4 cup cooking oil
- 1/2 tablespoon white sugar
- salt and whole peppercorn
- In a large container, combine the soy sauce and garlic then marinade the chicken for at least 3 hours
- Place the cooking oil in a pan and apply heat
- When the oil is hot enough, put-in the marinated chicken. Cook all the sides for about 5 minutes.
- Pour-in the remaining marinade and add water. Bring to a boil
- Add the dried bay leaves and whole peppercorn. Simmer for 30 minutes or until the chicken is tender
- Add vinegar. Stir and cook for 10 minutes.
- Put-in the sugar, and salt. Stir and turn the heat off.
- Serve hot. Share and Enjoy!
Number of servings (yield): 4