Directions to make 4 cups
- 4.25 cups water
- Three Ceylon Cinnamon Sticks (3 inch length)
- Place water into a pot.
- Break the Cinnamon sticks into small pieces.
- Bring the water to a slow boil in a pan or stove top kettle. Set the heat setting to medium so it boils slowly (Set heat to medium low or 4//10). Boiling slowly allows the Cinnamon sticks to brew properly.
- When the water starts bubbling remove from heat.
- Let it steep/rest for additional 15 minutes, or to taste based on strength desired. As the water cools you will see the the Cinnamon will start to released rom the Ceylon Cinnamon stick and become a lovely red color.
- Strain the tea through a very fine strainer to ensure none of the small slivers of cinnamon end up in the cup.
- Add one (4) teaspoon of lime juice. Do not use lemon juice as the taste will be different and sweetness of Cinnamon will not come out if you use lemon.
- Serve immediately.
Yield: 4 cups
- You always add an extra ¼ cup of water because the water evaporates when you boil it leaving you with exactly 4 cups.
- The ratio of cinnamon to water is 3/4 (75%) of a 3 inch sticks. If you make 2 cups that means you need to put in 1.5 sticks. If you make 6 cups that means you use 4.5 sticks.