Beautiful recipe from Artsy Bites:
Ingredients (per person):
– 1 cup of corn meal
– 1 tablespoon of butter
– Half a cup of sour cream
– Half a cup of feta cheese
– 2 strips of bacon
– 1 egg
– Spices: salt and pepper
– Prepare the polenta. This really depends on the type of corn meal you have. I prefer the instant type – it is quick and easy to prepare, and it reduces the changes of burning the recipe. For each person, you’ll need about two cups of water. Boil the water with a pinch of salt. When it is boiling, reduce the heat to medium, stir, and slowly add the corn meal. Keep on stirring – you need a uniform mix. I end up using about a cup of corn meal (but again, it depends on what type you use) – I stop adding the corn meal around the time when the mix has the consistency of sour cream. Don’t worry if it’s too thin – it’ll get thicker as it cooks and cools down. Continue following the directions on your corn meal package (the instant version is ready in 5 minutes, but other corn meals might required half an hour or more of cooking).
– While the polenta is cooking, fry a couple of strips of (smoked) bacon in a pan. Remove the bacon, then fry the egg.
– Place a tablespoon of butter on a clean plate, for each guest.
– Add about two cups of hot polenta on top – this will melt the butter.
– Add sour cream and feta cheese, to taste. I use about three quarters of a cup of it, mixed half-half.
– Add the bacon strips and the fried egg on top.
– Add salt and pepper to taste. Note: don’t add too much salt, as the feta cheese is already salty.