Ingredients Amount Chicken Marinade Kikkoman Soy Sauce ¾ cup Sugar 10 oz. Boneless, skinless chicken breasts 12 lbs. Vegetable oil as needed Peanut Sauce Coconut milk 3 qts. Creamy peanut butter 1 ¼ tsp. Sesame oil 1 ½ cups Kikkoman Soy Sauce 1 ⅓ cups Honey ¾ cup Lime juice ½ cup Finely chopped ginger 4 oz. Finely chopped cilantro ¼ cup Red pepper flakes 1 Tbsp. 1 tsp. Pasta Dry angel hair pasta 3 lbs. Vegetable oil 1 ½ cups Red bell peppers 3 lbs. Button mushrooms 1 lb. 8 oz. Finely chopped garlic ½ cup Sliced scallions 3 oz. Bean sprouts, sliced scallions,
and cilantro sprigs
To make marinade:
- In a bowl, combine soy sauce and sugar; set aside. Cut chicken into 1-inch pieces and place chicken in non-reactive container. Pour marinade over chicken; turn to coat. Cover and refrigerate 2 to 3 hours.
To make sauce:
- In a bowl, whisk together coconut milk, peanut butter, sesame oil, soy sauce, honey, lime juice, ginger, cilantro, and pepper flakes until well blended. Cover and refrigerate.
To cook pasta:
- In a saucepan, cook pasta according to package directions. Rinse with cold water; drain. Cover and refrigerate.
- Cut peppers into thin strips and thinly slice the mushrooms.
- For each serving, to order: in a large skillet or wok, heat 1 tablespoon oil over medium-high heat until hot. Stir-fry 8 ounces chicken 4 to 5 minutes or until no longer pink in center. Remove from pan; set aside.
- In the same skillet, add 2 ounces bell peppers, 1 ounce mushrooms, 1 teaspoon garlic and 1/8 ounce scallions; stir-fry 4 to 5 minutes or until vegetables are barely tender.
- Stir in chicken and 3/4 cup Peanut Sauce. Gently stir in 3 ounces cooked pasta; cook until pasta is heated through and sauce is absorbed.
- Garnish with bean sprouts, scallions, and sprigs of cilantro, if desired.
Yield: 24 servings
Source: Lilly’s Dim Sum, Then Some (Memphis, TN) for Kikkoman