- 1/2 cup quinoa
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 pack (about 500 gr) mushrooms of your choice, sliced
- 1 diced white onion
- 2 diced carrots
- 2 finely chopped garlic cloves
- 1.5 lts vegetable stock
- 1/4-1/2 cup Holland House Marsala Cooking Wine
- 1 teaspoon dried rosemary
- 2 tablespoons tomato purée
- Grated fresh Parmesan cheese to serve (optional)
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- To make the quinoa, put in a pan with twice the amount of water. Bring to a boil and cook for 15-20 minutes at medium-high heat. Drain any remaining water and reserve.
- Slice and dice all the veggies. Heat the oil in a pan over medium-high heat, and sauté the garlic, onion, carrot and rosemary for about 5 minutes, until softened. Stir constantly. Season with salt and pepper.
- Add the mushrooms and fry for another 5 minutes, stirring. Then add the Holland House Marsala Cooking Wine, stock, and tomato puree.
- Cook for 30 minutes, adding more liquid (either water or stock) if it becomes too thick. Season with salt and pepper, and add the quinoa.
- Serve in soup bowls, and sprinkle with Parmesan cheese if desired.