Ingredients Amount Smoked bacon, diced ¼ cup Olive oil 2 Tbsp. Yellow onion, diced 1 ea. Shallot, minced 2 Tbsp. Garlic, minced 3 cloves Fresh oregano, chopped 2 Tbsp. Smoked chipotle powder 1 tsp. Canned whole tomatoes 28 oz. Chicken stock 2 cups Cannellini beans, cooked 3 cups Marjoram, chopped 2 Tbsp. Kosher salt ½ tsp. Fresh ground black pepper ¼ tsp. Olive oil for garnish as needed Parmesan, grated as needed
- In a large soup pot, add the bacon and olive oil and cook over medium heat until the bacon is slightly crispy and most the fat is rendered. Remove 2 T. of the fat and discard.
- Add the onions, shallots, and garlic and continue cooking for another 7-10 minutes or until the vegetables have just started to color.
- Lower the heat and add the chopped fresh oregano and chipotle powder and stir to combine; cook another 2 minutes.
- Add the fresh or canned tomatoes and the chicken stock and cook for 30 minutes over low heat. Add the cooked beans, marjoram, salt, and pepper and simmer for another 3 minutes.
- Serve drizzled with the olive oil and the grated parmesan.
Yield: 10 portions