• 1 Disk Pie Dough (bought or homemade)
• all-purpose flour, for dusting
• Unsalted butter, softened, for pie plate
• 1 – 12oz Bellwether Farms Whole Milk Ricotta
• 1 – 5oz Bellwether Farms Crème Fraiche
• 1 can (15 ounces) solid-pack pumpkin
• 5 tablespoons brown sugar
• 1/4 teaspoon coarse salt
• Heaping 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground nutmeg
• 1/2 teaspoon maple extract (vanilla can be used if maple is not available)
• 2 large egg yolks, lightly beaten
• Optional – ½ cup pecans, toasted & chopped
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- On a lightly floured surface, roll out dough to 1/4 inch thick. Transfer to a lightly buttered 10-inch tart pan. Use your fingertips to press dough against bottom and sides of dish until even.
- Prick bottom of pastry shell all over with a fork. Bake until set and pale golden brown, about 15 minutes. Let cool on a wire rack. With a small knife, trim edge of shell where uneven.
- Raise oven temperature to 375 degrees. Process ricotta in a food processor until smooth. Add the crème fraiche, pumpkin, sugar, salt, nutmeg, and extract; process until well combined, about 30 seconds. Add yolks; process until combined, about 10 seconds. Fold in pecans (if using) and pour into pastry shell.
- Bake tart until crust is golden brown and filling is set, about 40 minutes. Let cool on rack. Serve with whipped cream.